Steve Coleman Archives Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve Coleman Archives Forum

Where you can discuss about the music of Steve Coleman

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harry

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-01-16

steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07 Empty
PostSubject: steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07   steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2007 - 15:03

first time i got to see steve coleman live.... no deception at all !!
really great, really really great to me... i can't even find the words to express how i loved it !!!
Rythm edition it was written... yeah : Two drummers on stage !! I was already really excited about that idea... I was sat right in front of the stage... i must even say ON the stage almost ... steve coleman was 1 meter in front of me.. 2m right Tyshawn Sorey, 2m left Marcus Gilmore...
That was an amazing concert... i don't find my words... great atmosphere there, thanks to them all, that music makes me feel so good ! Thank you
Back to top Go down
Dimitri E.B.

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2006-04-03

PostSubject: Re: steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07   steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2007 - 11:34

héhé,

first Steve Concert is always somehting really wonderful, powerful, strange etc...lots of mixed feelings about what happend on stage.

Im glad you liked it, I was in Paris New morning yesterday and the gig was brilliant too.

I taped everything so eventually Ill put that on the FTP when Ill buy a new hard drive.

Dim.
Back to top Go down
Harry

PostSubject: Re: steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07   steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2007 - 12:00

who was playing there ? was that the same team than in Montpellier ? jen shyu, J fynlayson, T. Morgan, T albright, t sorey and M gilmore ? I'd love to get it in the ftp as soon as you manage to put it in there.... by the way... is that me with my internet connection or the ftp which is not really working these days ? I manage to get in the ftp but it says "repertoire vide"...
Back to top Go down
Dimitri E.B.

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2006-04-03

PostSubject: Re: steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07   steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07 EmptyThu 8 Feb 2007 - 5:13

Harry,

the FTP is down caus emy hard drive broke up last week.
Second one in 4 months.

Yes it was the same group and I really enjoyed the music myself.
Lots of new songs and the 2 drummers get their shit together pretty well !

when Ill buy a new hard drive, then Ill start making the video of this gig.
Back to top Go down
Harry

PostSubject: Re: steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07   steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07 EmptyThu 8 Feb 2007 - 14:58

I'm looking for that video to come... cool !
byt the way i'd like to thank you for the work you are doing in this website, this is great !! just keep on going !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07   steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07 Empty

Back to top Go down

steve coleman & Five elements Montpellier 03/02/07
Page 1 of 1