Steve Coleman Archives Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve Coleman Archives Forum

Where you can discuss about the music of Steve Coleman

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[5 Elements]-Bari, Italy- 25.07.04 -

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dimitri E.B.

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2006-04-03

[5 Elements]-Bari, Italy- 25.07.04 - Empty
PostSubject: [5 Elements]-Bari, Italy- 25.07.04 -   [5 Elements]-Bari, Italy- 25.07.04 - EmptyMon 3 Apr 2006 - 7:46

Here is a review by Manfred Mayer.

Quote :
Steve Coleman and Five Elements
25/07/04 Bari, Italy 120' 2DVD
V I D E O

This video is a pleasure in every sense. You can experience the Five Elements Band with a very good sound and picture quality in a enchanting ambiance with Mediterranean panache. When later the sheets of music are blown over by the evening breeze you can just feel the atmosphere of a summer night in the south. The musicians are visible very well and that provides additional impressions which supplement the music. The camera work follows closely the musical process (better than in many Jazz recordings from TV). Soon after the beginning there is some irritation due to sound mixing. Especially in the later part of the video from my point of view a superb musical flow comes about. I especially appreciate ·Figit Time· and the following tunes and therefore I mentioned them in my text entitled ·Beyond All We Know·.

Manfred Mayer - 2005 -
Back to top Go down

[5 Elements]-Bari, Italy- 25.07.04 -
Page 1 of 1