Steve Coleman Archives Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve Coleman Archives Forum

Where you can discuss about the music of Steve Coleman

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Five Elements + Kroger Quartet @ Cité de la Musique, 10/2007

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Patrick122

Patrick122

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Five Elements + Kroger Quartet @ Cité de la Musique, 10/2007 Empty
PostSubject: Five Elements + Kroger Quartet @ Cité de la Musique, 10/2007   Five Elements + Kroger Quartet @ Cité de la Musique, 10/2007 EmptySun 27 Jul 2008 - 7:20

I have to say this concert was a really good surprise for me, having heard before some bad rumors saying their last concerts in NYC had a bad sound and were really boring.

But I wanted to go anyway... and had not benn decieved at all !
The concert was great, thanks between others to EXPLOSIVE Tyshawn Sorey - I adore him !

The string quartet creation was good, although the sound wasn't very good - from where I was, the drums and percussion seemed really louder than all the rest, and the trumpet and bass couldn't be heard at all. Hearing the Kroger was often difficult.

But with concentration, I really could enjoy this concert, much more energetic than what I expected - for the better.

I hope seeing them together again. The quartet was often used as a single instrument, that let me a little hungry... Smile
Back to top Go down

Five Elements + Kroger Quartet @ Cité de la Musique, 10/2007
Page 1 of 1