Steve Coleman Archives Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve Coleman Archives Forum

Where you can discuss about the music of Steve Coleman

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

make music from nothing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xliborob

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-04-24

make music from nothing Empty
PostSubject: make music from nothing   make music from nothing EmptySun 8 Jun 2008 - 15:53

Sören Kierkegaard wrote: The language has its element in the time, all remaining media has the space to the element. Only the music goes also in the time before itself. You said that you tell a story with the music, as you understand this world. Thus I understood it at least. That is, you represent your conception of this world by the music. Now with "pro verb trio" (by the way thanks for this project!) you say “make music from nothing”, does it mean that a story is no longer relevant? Does it mean the fact that you do not interpret no more your conception and away from literary motive goes?

Sorry for my English
Back to top Go down
http://oleksiykoval.wordpress.com
Dimitri E.B.

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2006-04-03

PostSubject: Re: make music from nothing   make music from nothing EmptyMon 9 Jun 2008 - 13:59

hi,

I know you are asking your question to Steve and I hope he will answer.

But if I may add my 2 cents (and I hope I answer the question at least partially), the comment from Steve has to be taken in the following way:

Thoses musicians can play improvised music from nothing, ie, without rehearsing or even talking to each others before the show.
they will adapt to the music on the go.

Dim.
Back to top Go down
xliborob

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-04-24

PostSubject: Re: make music from nothing   make music from nothing EmptyWed 11 Jun 2008 - 1:19

That interests me exactly. The way "make music from nothing" to play and to interpret a literary conception are two starting points, like north and south for me. I mean "adapt to the music on the go" always more or less was with Coleman, now with pro verb trio is representation of literary-symbolic motive no longer strongly in the foreground. I like it with Coleman's Music that ever more are through ears than through understanding, at least for me. My question would be, how Steve development sees its music whether the conception plays itself over way as he changed and how?

Sorry, if this topic were already times discussed.

Dim,
(or someone else),
I become very grateful, if you could give me some stuff over this topic.

Alosha
Back to top Go down
http://oleksiykoval.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: make music from nothing   make music from nothing Empty

Back to top Go down

make music from nothing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steve Coleman Archives Forum :: Contact with the musicians-
Jump to: