Steve Coleman Archives Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve Coleman Archives Forum

Where you can discuss about the music of Steve Coleman

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Having problems with conection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
grooya

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Having problems with conection Empty
PostSubject: Having problems with conection   Having problems with conection EmptyFri 1 Jun 2007 - 7:17

Hi!
Recently i was registered on the forum and read instructions for download.
As recomended,i'm using the Filezilla file menager but have a few problems:
In the begining i had problems with conection but after a few trys i succesfuly conect to the server.Than unexpectly being disconected.I tryed again but recieve "421 I can't accept more than 2 connections as the same user" message.After few days i tryed again,get conection and succesfuly being conected almost all day long.I downloaded almost 20% of one video.
But i recieved "disconected from server" message again.After a few new tryes i get conection but i couldn't open video folder on the list.I tryed on the alternate server but the result was the same(i think both servers was down?).
Meanvile,i red all items on troubleshoot section hoping to resolve my problems but nothing.I tryed today twice but get the same results.
What is going wrong?
I have 128kB bradband internet conection and my computer works fine.
Thank You,
Grooya
Back to top Go down
zeruyo

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2006-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with conection   Having problems with conection EmptyFri 1 Jun 2007 - 8:03

try setting 'passive mode' on your ftp client if not or deselecting if set.

When the error is "421 I can't accept more than 2 connections as the same user" it means that there are already 2 users downloading and Dimitri set that not more than 2 users could download at the same time. In this case you should retry later. Another issue to check is if your ftp client perform the download in background. This means that it try to establish another connection for the download not closing the one for browsing the ftp folders. If this is the case maybe there is an option somewhere to set.
Back to top Go down
Dimitri E.B.

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2006-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with conection   Having problems with conection EmptyMon 4 Jun 2007 - 15:41

Hello Grooya,

In order to have decent download rates, I have set a max user at 2 simulateoulsy, with 20Kb/sec each bandwith.

Try again and check in filezilla that you can resume downloads if connection broke at some point.

hope it helps,

Dim.
Back to top Go down
Dimitri E.B.

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with conection   Having problems with conection EmptyMon 4 Jun 2007 - 15:42

Also dont forget that I disconnect the FTP every week to perorm maintenance task or to simpply work with my mac, especially when I was editing the new videos.
Back to top Go down
grooya

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Thanx for tips.Ftp?   Having problems with conection EmptyTue 25 Sep 2007 - 2:02

Hi.
Thanks for help and informations.
There's no informations about new FTP configuration from you since july.I'm just wondering what is hapening?

All the best,
Grooya
Back to top Go down
Dimitri E.B.

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with conection   Having problems with conection EmptyThu 27 Sep 2007 - 15:44

Hey Grooya,

The FTP is closed for now as Im living in Africa right now with a very slow internet access.

Im trying to figure out how to have the files available once again, Im renting a server in France but I couldnt not configure it to host files at the moment.

Next month, Ill be in Paris and I hope to get things sorted out and toprovide free archives once again.

Im soory for the delay and Ill have some surprise to make you all happy in the future.

Keep in touch with the website for more info late october.

Dim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with conection   Having problems with conection Empty

Back to top Go down

Having problems with conection
Page 1 of 1